Download the code. It is compatible with Visual Studio 2012.
This project aims:
- to go beyond official documentation
and demo and capitalize knowledge,
- to work on a concentrated amount of "Best Practices"
based on Microsoft best practices, but not limited to Microsoft.
- to provide a "pattern" on how to implement a
production-ready application, by focusing on DevOps concepts, and things we usually forget when only considering detailed specifications and development et testing,
such as :
- how to order a DNS and SSL certificate ?
- how to raise a ticket and escalate to the support team ? .... by the way do I need a tool in production for this ? on what budget ? what type of SLA (Service Level Agreement) ?
- how do I deploy only partially to a subset of customer without affecting the others (called A/B Deployment or canary deployment)
- how to monitor and monetize my application ??
- ... just to scare you, there's an awful lot of other questions to address
- To cover all the lifecycle aspect of a project, based on DevOps
What works, what other tools and standard tools, ...
<To be re-ordered>
QUALITY and PRODUCTIVITY
- Resharper (about €314)
- GhostDoc [Free - from Submain]
QUALITY (only ! and sometime anti-productivity !)
- FxCop/Code Analysis [Free]
- StyleCop/Source Analysis [Free]
QUALITY, MAINTENABILITY and AUDIT
- Doxygen [Free],
TESTS : TDD / BDD
- BDD: SpecFlow (Cucumber family, SpecFlow uses the official Gherkin parser)
TROUBLE SHOOTING TOOLS
- SoapUI to test your WCF Web Services [Free]
- Fiddler Http Debugging Proxy [Free]
and its Microsoft addon to decode Binary messages : WCF Binary messages inspector [Free]
- To start with in an Agile manner: Innovation Games(R) to collect info in a fun, interractive and efficient way (timebox)
- Still Agile: Backlog grooming and use Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Service to centralize ALL information of the the projet
- Modeling: either use UML in Visual Studio or any other modeling tools, such as a popular one Enterprise Architect (to buy and get training it
... To be continued...